Yes! To enable an alias for response detection:
- Go to your inbox connections page
- Ensure your underlying inbox is connected (where you actually receive the emails)
- For the alias address, mark it as an alias.
If you do not see your alias address, you just need to link it to your account from your general settings page.
What is an Alias?
An alias is an email address that routes email to another address that you own.
For example, let’s say you’re a small business owner who wears many hats.
- Your primary email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Instead of checking four inboxes, you set them up to all route to your primary email.
These email addresses that are not your primary email are called “aliases.”
Response detection only needs a connection to firstname.lastname@example.org. The other emails just need to be linked and labeled as aliases.