Yahoo Mail inbox requires a few additional steps to set up. Essentially, Yahoo marks any app trying to connect to a Yahoo Mail account that is not the official Yahoo Mail app as “less secure”.
FollowUpThen users who wish to use response detection with a Yahoo Mail have two options:
- Turn on the “allow less secure apps” option
- If you do not wish to allow the less secure apps option, you can turn on two-factor authentication, and then use an application-specific password to authenticate
Turning on “Allow less secure apps” option
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Go to your “Account security” settings.
- Turn on Allow apps that use less secure sign in.
- Go to https://www.followupthen.com/settings/connected_services and connect your Yahoo account
Enabling two-step verification
- Sign in and go to your Account security page.
- Next to Two-step verification, click the toggle button to enable .
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click Send SMS to receive a text message with a code or Call me to receive a phone call.
- Enter the verification code | click Verify.
- Click Create app password to reconnect your apps. See the section below for more info.
- Select Other from the dropdown list.
- Enter the name FollowUpThen in the app name.
- The next screen will provide a custom password used only to connect FollowUpThen to your Yahoo account. Copy the password.
- Return to www.followupthen.com/settings/connected_services and click connect next to your Yahoo account.
- Paste the password into the password field instead of your usual Yahoo password and click submit.
This is a known issue with Yahoo Mail.
If you have any difficulty setting this up, please contact us at email@example.com for further assistance.